• Multitrip.com Travel Insurance Austrailia
  • Multitrip.com Travel Insurance Ireland
  • Multitrip.com Travel Insurance UK
Australia's new choice in travel insurance
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year
Call us now on
1300 886 212


Annual Multi Trip

  • What is the Maximum age on an Annual Multi Trip Policy?

    Maximum age is 79 years of age.

  • What is the Maximum length of any one trip on an Annual Multi Trip Policy?

    There are 3 different duration options to choose from, 30, 45 or 60 days.

  • Is Wintersports cover included in the price?

    Wintersports can be included for an additional premium for persons 65 yrs or younger.

  • Can an Adult or Child travel separately on a Multi Trip Policy?

    Under annual multi trip cover an Adult/Spouse can travel separately. Any child under 16 years cannot travel independently. Any child 16 years or over is covered to travel independently from their parents provided they are travelling on an organised school or college Trip only and with a responsible adult 18 years or over.

  • What is the definition of a family on an Annual Multi Trip Policy?

    2 co-habiting Adults/Spouses and their dependant children under 18 years of age.

  • Can I forward start the commencement of an Annual Multi Trip Policy?

    Yes you can forward start the commencement date of your policy by 90 Days however please note that there is no cover including cancellation until the start date of the policy.

Single Trip

  • What is the maximum age on a Single Trip Policy?

    The Maximum age is 79 years of age.

  • What is the maximum duration on a Single Trip Policy?

    The Maximum duration is 365 days for persons under 79 years.

  • What is the definition of a family on a Single Tip Policy?

    2 Co-habiting Adults/Spouses and their dependant children under 19 years of age.

  • Can Children under the ages of 18 years travel alone?

    Yes they can but they will be charged the full adult rate.

  • What additional covers are available?

    You have the option to upgrade your policy to include the following covers - Golf Cover, Business Equipment Cover and Wintersports cover. Details of cover levels and policy limits can be viewed on the Multitrip.com.au website. All covers are subject to an additional premium.

General Questions

  • What charges do I incur when buying a policy over the phone?

    If you choose to book your policy through our Call Centre there is an additional $26.00 charged.

  • How Will I receive my Validation Certificate and Policy Cover?

    When a purchase is made on this site you will automatically be able to print  a Formal Cover Letter, Validation Certificate and Travel Cover Document. This document is your insurance certificate and it is also automatically sent to your email address. We strongly recommend you bring your Travel Cover Document and Validation Certificate when you travel.
    In order to keep your premiums low, we do not as a matter of course send out documents in the post. However if you wish for copies to be printed out and sent to your home address please call us and let us know (there is a $3.50 charge for policies sent out in the mail).

  • What should I do if I need to my details change or I want to extend cover?

    Please contact us including your policy number and the required alteration. In most cases we will simply update re-send your details by email. If you need to extend your cover then there may be an additional premium to pay.

  • What are the policy age limits?

    Annual Multi-Trip  79 years
    Single Trip  79 years

  • Define a couple?

    A couple can be defined as two co-habiting adults who are common law partners that have been co-habiting for at least 6 months. This includes same sex couples.

  • Is Pregnancy Covered?

    Our Pregnancy cover provides cover for unforeseen events, accidents, illnesses and diseases. Normal childbirth would not constitute an unforeseen event. In any event, you must not travel against doctors advice or any carrier stipulation. Any complications or previous miscarriages need to be declared to Healthcheck.

  • What if I need to cancel my holiday/trip?

    If it is deemed necessary to cancel your travel arrangements you must contact your Travel Agent/Tour Operator or Transport Company immediately and confirm in writing to Claims within 48 hours.

  • What should I be aware of in respect of baggage/money claims?

    If any item of your baggage is lost or stolen or damaged whilst in transit then you must report this to the Airline, Hotel or Tour Operator Representative immediately. Baggage excludes prams, wheelchairs, bicycles, diving equipment, computer equipment, antiques. It is important that you obtain a property damage/loss report or a PIR in the case of damage/loss by an airline. Fragile items are excluded under this policy. Cash must always be kept in a safety deposit box.

  • Do I need a police report for stolen items?

    If you are unfortunate enough to have any stolen items or belongings whilst on holiday, then you must notify the local police within 24 hours and obtain a copy of the police report.

  • When should I contact the Emergency Assistance Service?

    Tel: +61 (0)2 9333 3918
    In the case of any medical emergency or the need to curtail your trip due to an insured reason please call the Emergency Assistance Service. If you have private health insurance, then you must also contact that Company's Assistance telephone number and inform them of your medical emergency.

  • Am I covered for Liability of Mechanically Propelled vehicles or watercraft?

    No there is no liability cover for the use of mechanically propelled vehicles or watercraft. Please check that your legal liability is adequately covered with the operator/car hire company before hiring/using motor vehicles, motorised water craft or aircraft (other than as passenger).

  • How do I make a claim?

    Please refer to the Make a Claim page on our website for full details.

  • What should I do if I have a complaint about the policy or a claim?

    Please refer to the complaints procedure within the PDS.

  • Is there a cooling off period?

    Yes there is a 14 Day cooling off period from receipt of the policy either at time of print, receipt of email or receipt by post.

Hazardous Activities

  • What Hazardous Activities are covered with Multitrip.com.au?

    Single & Annual Policies
    Click here for details of Sports and Activities covered on Single & Annual policies.
    Domestic Policy
    Click here for details of Sports and Activities covered on Domestic policies.

  • I cannot find the Sports Activity I want to do on this list?

    If you can't find your activity listed, please contact us by email on multitripservice@mapfre.com or 1300 886 212

  • What Sports and Activities are not covered?

    Please click on the links below for a summary of the excluded activities. Please be aware that this is not a definitive list of excluded activities, but is intended to provide examples of sports and activities where cover is not available under this policy in any circumstances. See the winter sports section for the specific definitions relating to ‘backcountry and off piste’, ‘professional snow sport instructor’ and ‘ski/snowboard fun parks’.

    Single & Annual Policies
    Click here for details of Sports and Activities that are not covered on Single & Annual policies.
    Domestic Policy
    Click here for details of Sports and Activities that are not covered on Domestic policies.

    If you have any questions, please send your enquiries to us via e-mail on multitripservice@mapfre.com.